A list of scriptures worded as affirmations to remind believers who they are in Christ. Teaching believers that death and life are in the power of the tongue. We must use our tongues to bring life (not death) if we are going to possess what God has promised in His Word.
Affirmations are below or you can click the link above for a printable word document.
WHY DO WE AFFIRM OURSELVES?
Proverbs 18:21 – Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Proverbs 12:6 – The words of the wicked are, “Lie in wait for blood,” but the mouth of the upright will deliver them.
Job 22:28 – You will also declare a thing, and it will be established for you; so light will shine on your ways.
Mark 11:23 – For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Isaiah 46:9-10 – Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,’
AFFIRMING MY ATTITUDE AND ACTIONS TOWARD THE FATHER & OTHERS
- I choose to humble myself before the Father so He can teach me His ways. Psalm 25:9
- I choose to be found blameless in body, soul and spirit at the coming of my Lord Jesus Christ, the Messiah. 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24
- I choose that the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart are acceptable unto the Lord. Psalm 19:14
- I choose to use my tongue as an instrument for healing. Proverbs 12:18
- I choose to hunger and thirst after righteousness. Matthew 5:6
- I choose to walk in prosperity to fulfill God’s plan in my life. Deuteronomy 8:18, Isaiah 45:3, 3 John 2
- I choose to have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16
- I choose to sow good things in my life that I may reap good things. Galatians 6:7
- I choose to be more than a conqueror and gain a surpassing victory through Jesus who loves me. Romans 8:37
- I choose to speak truth to myself and to everyone I interact with. Proverbs 12:22
- I choose to be a co-laborer in the abundant harvest with and for God. Luke 10:2
- I choose to water so that I will be watered. Proverbs 11:25
- I choose to walk in love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Galatians 5:22
- I choose to walk free of offense – being offended or causing others to be offended. I walk in Love and practice forgiveness toward myself and others. Psalm 119:165, Matthew 6:15
I choose today to. . .
- Bless the Lord at all times (Psalm 34:1)
- Abstain from every appearance of evil (1 Thessalonians 5:22)
- Resist the devil and he will flee (James 4:6-10)
- Draw near to God and He will draw near to me (James 4:6-10)
- Humble myself before Him (James 4:6-10)
- Give thanks in everything (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
- Walk in the Spirit and not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (Galatians 5:16)
- Walk in love (Ephesians 5:2)
- Walk in faith (2 Corinthians 5:7)
- Trust the Lord at all times (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Magnify the Lord and make His name great through my obedience to Him (Psalm 34)
- Grow in favor with God and man (Psalm 5:12, Psalm 84:11)
- Walk in obedience to His Spirit and His Word (John 14:21)
- Grow in Love (Ephesians 5:2)
- Fulfill His plan upon the earth (John 14:21, Romans 8:14)
- Choose life and not death (Deuteronomy 30:19-20)
- Speak life and not death (Proverbs 18:21)
- Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness (Matthew 6:33)
- Offer my life as a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1)
- Die to myself daily (Luke 9:23)
- Live as a man dead to the world and alive unto my Father (Romans 6)
- Love my enemies (Luke 6:35)
- Overcome evil by doing good (Romans 12:21)
- Walk victorious in this life (Romans 8:37)
- Be led by His Spirit (Romans 8:14)
- Walk in integrity (Psalm 26:11)
- Be an instrument of righteousness (Romans 6:16-18)
- Walk in peace with God and man (Psalm 34:14, Luke 10:5-7)
- Hunger and thirst after righteousness (Matthew 5:6)
- Forget the past and press forward to His calling in my life (Philippians 3:13)
- Walk in truth (John 8:32, John 17:17)
- Worship the Father in Spirit and Truth (John 4:24)
- Walk in health (3 John 2, Psalm 103)
- Walk in prosperity (Deuteronomy 8:18, Isaiah 45:3, 2 John 2)
- Walk in forgiveness (myself and others) (1 John 1:8-9, Psalm 103)
- Not fear for He is with me (Isaiah 41:10, Psalm 118:6-7)
- Dwell in His presence all the days of my life (Psalm 27:4)
- Order my steps in the right direction (Psalm 50:23, Philippians 3:16, Proverbs 16:21)