How to Be Delivered!
Raise your hand if you are battling an addiction or have battled an addiction in the past. You are not alone! Most of the people reading this right now have their hand raised too. The video above gives the testimony of how one man was delivered, specifically from an addiction to pornography, but his testimony applies to any area needing deliverance. The 10 stats below from a survey from the Barna Group detail the severity of the problem we are facing today with pornography. This issue is no longer something that only men face. Women, boys, girls, pastors, etc. are dealing with this issue.
- 47% of families in the United States reported that pornography is a problem in their home.
- Pornography use increases the marital infidelity rate by more than 300%.
- Eleven is the average age that a child is first exposed to porn, and 94% of children will see porn by the age of 14.
- 56% of American divorces involve one party having an “obsessive interest” in pornographic websites.
- 70% of Christian youth pastors report that they have had at least one teen come to them for help in dealing with pornography in the past 12 months.
- 68% of church-going men and over 50% of pastors view porn on a regular basis. Of young Christian adults 18-24 years old, 76% actively search for porn.
- 33% of women aged 25-and-under search for porn at least once per month.
- Only 13% of self identified Christian women say they have never watched porn – 87% of Christian women have watched porn.
- 55% of married men and 25% of married women say they watch porn at least once a month.
- 57% of pastors say porn addiction is the most damaging issue in their congregation. And 69% say porn has adversely impacted the church.
If you are struggling with pornography or need deliverance in another area such as smoking, overeating, drinking, drugs, etc., follow the 5 steps below as John did in the video above.
- Change your self-sorrow to Godly sorrow (2 Corinthians 7:10)
- Crucify your desires (Galatians 5:24)
- Renew your mind with the word of God (Romans 12:2)
- Hide God’s word in your heart (Psalm 119:11)
- Don’t just know the Truth (God’s Word), love the Truth! (2 Thessalonians 2:10)
Job 31:1 says, “I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a young woman.”
Matthew 5:28 says, “But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. “